Friday, August 20, 2010

What legal status for a nail technician in the UK?

Hi all,





I would like a little clarification regarding the legal status one must assume as a freelance nail technician in Scotland.





I will soon be starting my nail tech courses after which I intend to work as a freelance nail tech in Scotland. I would like to know if I have to register a company with Companies House, (i.e do I have to invent myself a company name, ';Sally's Nails';, for instance), or, can I simply be a freelance professional who signs her own name and does her own taxes.





Thank you for the clarification!What legal status for a nail technician in the UK?
If you register as a limited company then no-one else can register with that name.


However, a sole trader could use the same name.


If you register the name as a trademark (different thing) then no-one is then allowed to use that name for trading. (quite hard to find out if they are though unless you are a multi-national company).


TBH you should just simply use your name (i.e. sally's Nails), register with HMRC as self-employed and go for it.


If you register as a Ltd. company then there are a lot more rules and regulations regarding tax, N.I. etc that you have to conform to.


jWhat legal status for a nail technician in the UK?
you should definitely register your name, or someone else could take it, and then sue you for using it
  • makeup
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment