Friday, August 20, 2010

Nail Technician - the in's & out's please help! (maybe a qualified or training Nail tech can help Uk?)?

Hello Ill try to keep this a brief as I can but have lots to ask! Iv been doing nails (painting, shaping, decorating simple stuff but not falseees) for my friends and family for about 5yrs (as a unprofessional hobbi ) and im now thinking nows the time to get qualified! as it will be a hobbie that i love but can earn at the same time!





Iv looked into a few courses all costing from 拢170-拢1500 all offering different certificates (diplomas, VTCT, NFCE etc) Iv looked at colleges and home learning but cant find which one would be best! (college coz u get more pratical, home as its cheaper)





Im not very self confident (sure i can make a friend in a crowded room, but personal development confidence i dont have) So your help could make me part with my money (loan! lol) so your help would be sooooo helpful!lol





I have a few questions (please responce either u were college or home schooled) here goes!


1) Are the assessments/essays/course work/ pratical hard?


2) can you give me examples of the kind of format course could be laid out? (time lines subjects etc)


3)Are there any exams? (if so are they too hard?)


4)What types of things do you think I could do to make me prepare myself for what is expected of me?


5)if home studing...does any one know of places that will offer placements (eg Iv heard of a place called Capital in Ashford, kent that did a course on nail art...this is not a town salon)


6) do you have any otehr advise you think would help me, if so please tell me as u know the facts!





Sorry to have waffled on but as you can tell I dont want to go head first into this, Im 24yrs old and been out of sch since i was 17! so im abit scared to throw myself into it without being prepared! Your help will be greatly appreciated...Nail Technician - the in's %26amp; out's please help! (maybe a qualified or training Nail tech can help Uk?)?
Hi,





I am a qualified nail technician at level 3.





The assessment are not that hard and are not just based on nails. You have to do an assignment on the laws and legislation regarding Health and Safety/





I did a part time course which was made up of two 3 hour sessions. We would spend rougly hour and half doing theory and then practical.





There wasn't any exams to do but I did the Beauty Therapy course the year before so I'm not sure if they could cross reference the grades from that. But saying that the exams were not that hard and didn't last long (about 45 mins).





If you are already interested in nails then you will like this course.


Why don't you contact your local college and see when their open days are?





Good luck. x

No comments:

Post a Comment