Friday, August 20, 2010

Is nail technician a good job? please read everything I wrote :-)?

I just turned 23 and I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. I want to be a singer %26amp; is pursuing that at the moment, but for time being I really wanna do nails (until my big break :-) lol.... I have been doing nails since I was 10 %26amp; very good at it, so I really love doing it. I work at a bank right now %26amp; its just plain old lame, %26amp; I feel like me having to upsell things, just doesn't catch my interest. My boyfriend thinks it's a dumb move %26amp; that I should stay at the bank, but I am just so bored outta my mind there. Two things I love to do is sing and nails...so any opinions??? Do you think it's a dumb move if I quit a bank to work at a nail salon?? ThanksIs nail technician a good job? please read everything I wrote :-)?
It's a good job if you like listening to people and their experiences and problems, and you can get closer to them than in the cold impersonal strictly- business environment of a bank.


However, I would only advise getting into this line of work if you are truly confident that you can attract more customers than your very plentiful competition, because if you can't, it will eat you alive.Is nail technician a good job? please read everything I wrote :-)?
You live one life so you should be happy while living it. Nothing is ever dumb if it makes you happy to get out of bed in the morning. My only concern would be that in today's horrible economy people are cutting way back on nonessentials. Getting their nails done, may indeed be something people cut back on. I don't know how you could research this, but you need to be certain you'll get enough business to keep you afloat. Something to consider anyway!
Why would you want to quit a job at a bank to work for minimum wage in a job that is glutted with too many trained %26amp; experienced workers and salons are closing as more people cannot afford the luxury of getting their nails done? ';Dumb'; is totally inadequate to describe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment