Friday, August 20, 2010

Choosing the right career; Nail Technician or Culinary Arts?

I'm graduating this year, and I have been thinking a lot about which career I want to go into, and I've narrowed it down to two, which is becoming a Nail Technician or going into the culinary arts. I simply just want a job that involves art, considering art is my passion and both of these jobs include that. I am always doing everyone's nails including mine plus buying tons of nail polish/tools and basically practicing all the time but then I am always cooking for everyone and everyone telling me I'm good at it, made tons of recipes and when I get bored I catch myself looking up new recipes to make without even knowing it, I really don't know which one to choose, if someone can narrow down the goods and bads for each one, I think that would help me a lot. Thanks.Choosing the right career; Nail Technician or Culinary Arts?
To be honest, you could both. Be a nail technician first because it doesn't cost that much money %26amp; you can get it done in the quickest possible time. If you learn to do acrylic, airbrush, etc... you could EASILY make $4,000-$5,000 a month (excluding tips).





Culinary is great, but the costs are outrageous ! I know cuz I went to a culinary school. There's tuition, books, uniform, knives set, and not to mention food ingredients you'll have to buy to practice at home. It's really fun to learn to cook, but it's costly, time consuming, and once you get out, there's no guarantee that how much you'll make. Some get lucky, some not. My cousin is a great chef, and he makes $25/hr at the Playboy Mansion West. But like I said, some get lucky.Choosing the right career; Nail Technician or Culinary Arts?
I think it depends on how far in your career you want to go. If you like cooking and make recipes, I would suggest Culinary Arts so you can become a great chef someday. With nail technician there's not much you can do.
In this economy, and for the foreseeable future, neither one sounds very good for an outlook. If there's not any other choices, go with the one that you like the best
Culinary art

No comments:

Post a Comment