Friday, August 20, 2010

Acrylic nails: could a current/previous nail technician answer?

Hi,





I want to do acrylic nails at home, but I want them the EXACT way they do them at the salon. I have had them done once and loved them! Could anyone (or a nail tech) tell me the exact procedure they use at the salon (step by step) and what type of products are used? I have experience with acrylic nails, but want them to a higher standard:)


thank-youAcrylic nails: could a current/previous nail technician answer?
First and most important. You must be a licensed manicurist/pedicurist to be able to obtain professional grade acrylic products. Products that are available to the public are not professional grade. Second, unless you practice practice practice you cannot do nails exactly as you have seen them done in salons. Nail techs that do really good nails have years of experience and classes under their belt. Third, even if you can obtain professional grade products it is very difficult to do your own nails as you must be ambidextrous. My advice is to retain a good nail tech and tip her well for her expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment