Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Employment for nail technicians!?

I am seriously considering to take a course in nail technology coz it seems to be an interesting job option. I wud like to hear from students who have completed this course or are currently pursuing it (or having friends that are)about the pros and cons and the job oppurtunities.Also any other suggestions for a career in the beauty field is highly appreciated.I just wanna be real sure before i make the plunge!Thanks a lot!


p.s. i live at madison wi. Jus wanna add that incase it ll help with personal info from this areaEmployment for nail technicians!?
I became a nail technician many years ago and my advice is DON'T DO IT! I live in California and the competition here is horrendous. In the first year, I spent more money on supplies than I could actually make. Maybe your area is different , but in California there a too many foreign ran ';chop shops'; that does nails REALLY cheap. The average person can't compete with them. I got out of the business and went to nursing school instead. Explore your options! They are not paid by the hour usually. Usually, you pay rent to the salon for your space.Around here, that is about 250.00 per month. Then it is up to you to get your clients. Out of the money you make from your clients, you have to pay for all of your own supplies and somtimes your own phone line and advertising. It is very hard to find ongoing clients as an inexperienced nail tech. It can work differently by working directly for the salon,they pay for certain things, but I'm not sure it would work out much better as you would have to pay them a percentage of you income. I have never found a salon that pays by the hour. Hope that helps!Employment for nail technicians!?
It is very, very hard to make a living as a nail tech. Why? Because of the time it takes to do a good job, and the high product cost cuts into your hourly production. For instance, if you charge $15 for acrylic refills, $5 of that is product cost, and you are still giving a hefty cut of the remaining $10 to the shop. You have just made $5 for 30-45 mins work. Plus, you deal with feet all day if you are not doing hands. I would go to cosmetology or massage school if you want to work in a spa or in the beauty business.
Hi,


I started my own business while in Massage school through BeautiControl, it's an excellent company. Now both my business I created and my massage career work great together. The products are absolutely wonderful and the parties are fun and relaxing. I love all the products, and they have a very large variety to choose from. Please check out their site, it says $179 to join, but this month there is a $179 rebate offer, so it's like joining for free. Amazing offer if your serious about building a business for yourself. When the site prompts you to find a consultant my number is 1029211, or email me at turbin_barbie@yahoo.com for more information.





Good Luck!


Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment