Friday, August 20, 2010

Help?! Is it worth becoming a nail technician?

Hi there, I live in Kissimmee, Florida and I am very passionate about doing nails. I would say that I am pretty talented with art and i have alot of really cool designs and ideas that people really dont see here. i have already purchased everything I need, even a pedicure chair! There is a hispanic/american hair salon nearby and the owner is willing to rent the nail desk and office ( so i can put the pedicure chair inside ) for $100 per week. I would be the only nail technician. I dont know, I have this great passion, and soo many good ideas and about 10 steady clients to start, but something still worries me........the economy i dont know what?......No matter what it is an investment and I am hoping to succeed. Is there anyone who knows anything about this buisness? or who can give any advice?...How much money is possible to make?Help?! Is it worth becoming a nail technician?
If you back out now, you'll regret it. I can tell you're just getting nervous about the whole situation. Whether the economy is bad or not, people (notably women) will forever enjoy getting their nails done.





Maybe you should advertise a little bit more and give a couple family members and friends some free samples of what you'd be offering. The word about your nail business will spread quickly if you manage to network your talents.





Relax and good luck :).Help?! Is it worth becoming a nail technician?
Your customers will let you know how much they are willing to spend on their nails. I suggest you to have a variety of prices, once you are settled you can work on that level.


Listen to your customers, some can afford a 100 dlls job, some others are only willing to spend 12 dlls job.


Good luck!
I know a vietnames girl who works at a walmart nail salon and she drives a brand new sportscar and put herself through ';real'; college
sorry , but the illegal chinese immigrants have this industry sewn up .you would be competing with folks that pay the workers zip . they live on tips only .
You have already invested a lot into it. I would encourage you to go for it. You sound very positive and creative. That is what it takes to go far in the business. As long as you are people friendly. If I were in your area I would go to you just to see what ideas you have. I used to paint my nails with flags for 4th of July and Veterans Day and such. I painted shamrocks for St. Pats Day and x-mas trees and Santa faces for X-mas. The economy is only bad if you don't get out there and make all you can to benefit yourself. Good luck to you. I know you will be very successful. Follow your dream and your heart. It sounds like your heart is in the right place and you are willing to make others happy. I would say to keep your prices reasonable. Check around the internet sites and see what the going rates are for the things you do and go from there. If you don't at least try it you will regret it later. You will never know how good the business will be if you don't at least give it a starting chance. Be sure to do a lot of advertising in the beginning. But word of mouth is the best asvertisement you can get. If a person is happy with your work then they will send other to you and they will in turn tell otheras and before you know it you will have all of the business you can handle.
All I have to say is, GO FOR IT. It's your passion, you like to do it, and you're good at it! How many people can say that about their job, seriously? There's a large percent of people who are unhappy with their jobs and careers. The fact that you'll be the only nail tech there is also a good thing, most likely you'll be making more money than the rest of the people working there and you won't have any competition there either. The economy IS bad right now, but this job sounds like a good place to start off. Go for it, see how it goes, but ALWAYS keep your eye out for other opportunities. Maybe a better known salon? A salon in the middle of a large commerce? Maybe a salon that doesn't need to charge you a desk or possibly even pays more? Do your research and work girl!
if i were you, i would ask them for a raise. if they five you up to $200 or more. take it. if it is less dont take it. my mom was a nail techinician and she asked for a raise and got $250. try to ask them that. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment