Friday, August 20, 2010

A friend of mine told me that I can become a nail technician without going to school first?

I was enrolled in a nail technician course at a local cosmetology school but the course was canceled last minute. A friend told me that I didn't need to go to beauty school, that I could get some training in a local nail salon and then I could take the state licensing test. Is this true or am I right to think that she is wrong?A friend of mine told me that I can become a nail technician without going to school first?
You have to check with your state board. Some states may allow that, but all I know of require a minimum number of school hours in order to take board exam - as you have to learn sanitation, nail disease, and clean procedure.A friend of mine told me that I can become a nail technician without going to school first?
Possibly.


This would be a form of apprenticeship and/or ';on job training';.





You should inquire from the licensing agency as whether or not this is permissible in that occupation.
  • makeup
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment